ALL STUDENT USERNAMES
Use the first letter of your first name, plus your “full” last name, plus the first four digits of your HC student ID. Example: My name is Howie Hawk and my HC student ID number is 123456789. Following the statement above, my username would be hhawk1234. Replace Howie’s information with your own.
NEW STUDENT PASSWORDS
Students who are new to HC will be given an initial default password. This initial password will be capital ‘H’ plus a small case ‘c’ plus your nine-digit HC student ID number (no dashes or spaces). Example: Using Howie Hawk’s student ID number of 123456789, Howie’s initial password would be Hc123456789. Replace Howie’s information with your own.
My initial password works! What do I do next?
Click the “Set Up 2-Factor Authentication” tab above and follow the step-by-step instructions.
My password still does NOT work. What do I do?
Click the “24/7 Password Support Options” tab above to contact support.
STUDENTS AT HC/SWCD:
Once you have your username and working password, follow the step-by-step instructions below to set up your two-factor authentication with office.com so that you can change your password to something you prefer to use. Remember to use a strong password and keep it secure!
- Browse to office.com.
- Click the Sign-in link in the middle or upper right corner as shown below.
3. Log into office.com using your HC/SWCD student email address. Your student email address consists of the first letter of your first name plus your full last name plus the first 4 digits of your student ID number plus @stu.howardcollege.edu.
Students, in the example below you will replace your information for Howie Hawk’s information.
4. Enter a recently reset password or the same password you are successfully using for Blackboard, MyHC and/or campus computers.
5. You know you have been successful the first time you log in when it asks you to set up “more information” as shown below.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts by setting up the date/time zone, security questions and then by entering your mobile phone number so that two-factor authentication can be used at any time to verify your identity.
7. Once you have set up your security information, you’ll click the Outlook icon to access your HC/SWCD email. It will be a blue square with an ‘O’ for Outlook as shown below.
8. Don’t forget! Once logged into office.com, you can click “Install Office” located in the upper right area. You may install the Office 365 apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., for free on up to five (5) devices. See the image below.
Please keep in mind that any time you need to reset your own password, you should browse to office.com, enter your email address and choose “Can’t access your account?” or “Forgot Password?“. Then the system will allow you to answer your security questions. It will then send you an access code to the mobile number you entered previously. Once completed, the system will allow you to choose a new password. Remember, any time you change your password, it will change it for all the services mentioned at the top of this page.
I’M HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING INTO OFFICE.COM:
Click the “24/7 Password Support Options” tab above for information on how to contact support.
24/7 PASSWORD SUPPORT OPTIONS
This is our automated password reset system. If the signal is busy, please wait a few minutes and try again. The system can only answer eight (8) calls at a time. Once the call goes through, listen to the options. Choose option 1, select Student, follow the prompts. Students will need their HC student ID number, last 4 of their ssn and birth date handy so you can enter them when prompted. You’ll want to write down your reset password which will be a capital ‘H’ small ‘c’ plus a 5-digit random number. You can have the system repeat the password until you are sure you have it written correctly. Store your reset password securely.
*ALWAYS* include: your Name, your HC student ID number, the last 4 digits of your SSN and your birth date! If you do not include this information, we are required by law to request your identifying information. Be sure to reply! To save time, just include this info in your original email. Save this email address for any other questions or assistance you may need throughout the semester.
- Once you have a reset password, click the “Set Up 2-Factor Authentication” tab above to complete the process.