"The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members."
-Coretta Scott King-
Howard College has campuses in 3 West Texas Communities. We serve the cities of Big Spring, Lamesa and San Angelo.
- City of Big Spring Website – Chamber of Commerce – Visit Big Spring
- City of Lamesa Website – Chamber of Commerce
- City of San Angelo Website – Chamber of Commerce – Discover San Angelo Page
Arrange a Campus Tour for families or future students.
- For Big Spring contact Jill Johnson – email@example.com
- For Lamesa contact Monica Castro – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For San Angelo contact Brandon Whitford – email@example.com
- For SWCID contact John Green – firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Community Events!
Nothing from December 12, 2018 to January 11, 2019.
The Diplomat Program is a scholarship opportunity for young men and women on both the Big Spring and South West Collegiate Institute for the Deaf (SWCID) campuses. The Diplomats are ambassadors of Howard College and carry out numerous community service and campus-wide duties throughout each semester. They serve as the face of Howard College at community events and activities and are expected to represent themselves, their communities and the college in a professional way. Bi-annually the Diplomats head to the State Capitol to represent Howard College during Big Spring Day in Austin.
Camps and Community Courses
Charles O. Warren - Center for Community Service
Camps and Community Courses
- Find out more about our Basketball camps, lamb and goat camps and any other seasonal camps.
- The Howard College Legacy series provides personal enrichment courses to anyone interested in gaining knowledge and experience. These single sessions cover a wide variety of topics including the arts, finance, magic, dance, technology, physical fitness and more —something for everyone! Past courses have included Astronomy, 3D Printing, Star Wars, genealogy, music, photography. At the low cost of $5 per class, these courses are a great way to learn something new from qualified instructors. Registration is fast and easy, but space may be limited in some courses.
These facilities can be used for community events. Please contact the individual listed for more information.
- Big Spring – Dorothy Garrett Coliseum
- Janey Tino – email@example.com
- (432) 264-5040
- Big Spring – Dora Roberts Student Union Building (Cactus Room)
- Janna Anderson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- (432) 264-5028
- San Angelo – West Texas Training Center
- Donna Bethune – email@example.com
- (325) 481-8300
- SWCID – Activity Center & Maddux Student Center
- Jim Walterhouse – firstname.lastname@example.org
- (432) 242-4290
Director of Marketing & Outreach – Brandon Whitford email: email@example.com or by phone: (325) 481-8300 ext: 3308 – (San Angelo)
Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator – Jill Johnson email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (432) 264-5171 – (Big Spring)