"The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members."
-Coretta Scott King-
Howard College has campuses in 3 West Texas Communities. We serve the cities of Big Spring, Lamesa and San Angelo.
- City of Big Spring Website – Chamber of Commerce – Visit Big Spring
- City of Lamesa Website – Chamber of Commerce
- City of San Angelo Website – Chamber of Commerce – Discover San Angelo Page
Arrange a Campus Tour for families or future students.
- For Big Spring contact recruiting – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Lamesa contact Monica Castro – email@example.com
- For San Angelo contact Kaitlyn Brosh – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For SWCD contact John Green – email@example.com
The Diplomat Program is a scholarship opportunity for young men and women on both the Big Spring and South West Collegiate Institute for the Deaf (SWCD) campuses. The Diplomats are ambassadors of Howard College and carry out numerous community service and campus-wide duties throughout each semester. They serve as the face of Howard College at community events and activities and are expected to represent themselves, their communities and the college in a professional way. Bi-annually the Diplomats head to the State Capitol to represent Howard College during Big Spring Day in Austin.
Charles O. Warren - Center for Community Service
Camps and Community Courses
- Find out more about our Basketball camps, lamb and goat camps and any other seasonal camps.
- The Howard College Legacy series provides personal enrichment courses to anyone interested in gaining knowledge and experience. These single sessions cover a wide variety of topics including the arts, finance, magic, dance, technology, physical fitness and more —something for everyone! Past courses have included Astronomy, 3D Printing, Star Wars, genealogy, music, photography. At the low cost of $5 per class, these courses are a great way to learn something new from qualified instructors. Registration is fast and easy, but space may be limited in some courses.
To sign up or If you have any questions about the Legacy Series, please call (432) 264-5125.
These facilities can be used for community events. Please contact the individual listed for more information.
- Big Spring – Dorothy Garrett Coliseum
- (432) 264-5040
- Big Spring – Dora Roberts Student Union Building (Cactus Room)
- TJ Munoz – firstname.lastname@example.org
- (432) 264-5028
- San Angelo – West Texas Training Center
- Melissa Mendez – email@example.com
- (325) 481-8300
- SWCD – Activity Center & Maddux Student Center
- (432) 242-4290
Student Life, Marketing and Outreach Assistant Director – Kaitlyn Brosh email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (325) 481-8300 ext: 3326 – (San Angelo)
Recruitment Coordinator & Student Success Coach – email: email@example.com or by phone: (432) 264-5171 – (Big Spring)
If you would like to add something to this page please contact Mick Sudano email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (432) 264-5059 – (Big Spring)