Through the Carl D. Perkins Grant, funds are available for students enrolled in a career and technical education program that need assistance with child care and/or textbooks. Several criteria as outlined below must be met in order to benefit from these programs:
Howard College has a childcare assistance program to assist students who do not have available funds to properly care for their children and stay on course. Funds are made available through the Carl D. Perkins Grant. Childcare Application
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDCARE SERVICES
You Must Be:
- eligible for Federal Aid (Pell Grant)
- enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours each long semester and 3 each summer term
- have declared a Career Technical Education major
- be classified as Disabled, Economically Disadvantaged, Nontraditional Student, Single Parent, Displaced Homemaker, Limited English Proficiency or Academically Disadvantaged
- a returning student with at least a 2.0 GPA
You need this documentation to process your application:
- Completed application. (An incomplete application will not be processed.)
- Copy of your award letter from HC Financial Aid office
- Copy of your class schedule
- Proof of birth or legal guardianship of child(ren)
To continue receiving childcare assistance you must:
- Not drop below 6 hours in each long semester or 3 for summer terms
- Maintain a minimum of 2.0 grade point average each semester.
- Notify your coordinator of any changes in financial, marital, child care facility, or program status.
- REAPPLY each semester. Application forms may be picked at the above mentioned offices at designated times.
****The Childcare Provider MUST be licensed and or registered through the State of Texas****
Continued assistance is contingent on funds available and adherence to the above requirements and program policies. Childcare Assistance is generously provided through a Carl D. Perkins Basic Grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.