Placeholder text – see if SWCD can write something about understanding the unique challenges of deaf families and education. Overcoming obstacles etc.
The benefits of attending a community college are countless, here’s a few…
- A lower tuition rate that can save students thousands of dollars toward earning a four-year degree, if they transfer their credits at the end of a two-year program
- The ability to explore a variety of majors without breaking the tuition bank in the first two years of the higher education experience
- Smaller class sizes that allow for more personalized instruction – a particular boon for students who might worry about their academic performance at a four-year university
- Qualified professors, who might be newer to the teaching field but are well-trained in their academic area of expertise
- A flexible schedule that provides options for students who have families and must work full time during their college experience
- The ability to transfer credits to another institution if additional education is desired – particularly with schools that have transfer agreements with the universities in their area