- Apply online at Apply Texas (www.applytexas.org)
- Or download an admissions application, complete, and mail or bring in person to your preferred campus (Apply Texas is preferred if at all possible, and will increase the speed and accuracy of your application).
Howard College is an open admissions college. Approximately 2 weeks from the time your application is received and processed, you should receive your Acceptance Letter. If you do not, contact the Registrar’s office at your preferred campus.
- High School Graduate / No Previous College: Submit an official high school transcript showing test scores for any placement tests you may have taken, plus any end-of-year testing.
- High School Graduate with Dual Credit Hours: Submit an official high school transcript showing test scores for any placement tests you may have taken AND an official transcript from all colleges where dual credit classes were taken.
- Previous College Credit: Submit an official transcript from all colleges. A high school transcript is not required.
Senate Bill 1107 requires all students under 22 years of age entering a public, private, or independent institution of higher education in Texas as of January 2012 and thereafter to provide documentation that they have had a meningococcal vaccine or “booster” dose within the past five years and at least 10 days prior to the first day of class. Click for further information about this requirement and a list of exemptions for this requirement.
All degree-seeking students (Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Applied Science) must meet minimum standards of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) or meet exemption standards. The TSI tests are for basic reading, writing and math skills. Howard College administers these tests for those who need TSI compliance. Click Here for information about scheduling a TSI test at Howard College.
Important: Students who do not have test scores on file will not be allowed to register for classes, unless they are exempt.
You will need to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to include all colleges you think you might want to attend so that they can receive your financial aid information.
Meet with a Financial Aid Advisor on your preferred campus if you need assistance.
- If you are receiving financial aid, it will automatically be applied when payment is due.
- If you are self-paying or if you registered early, be aware of the payment due date, or pay at the time you register for classes.
- Howard College does offer a payment plan. Click here for details.
Be aware that if you do not make payment when due, all classes registered will be removed and you would have to re-register to continue.
When visiting with the academic advisor, ask when New Student Orientation will be held at your preferred campus or refer to the website for upcoming events.
- Attending this orientation will help to acquaint you with Howard College.
- Meet other new students in your incoming class.
- Once you have registered for classes, take your schedule to the Howard College Bookstore at your preferred campus to purchase your books. You must have your schedule with you.
- If receiving financial aid, it should automatically be applied at the time your books are purchased (if funds remain).