Spring 2019 New Student Orientation
Next NSO - Friday, Dec 14, 2018 (10am-1pm)
Students that are new, or need a refresher course on how to utilize MyHC are strongly encouraged to attend NSO. During orientation, students have the chance to:
- Meet their new Hawk family including staff, faculty, and other new students
- Meet academic advisors and learn about degree plans and suggested courses to take
- Experience the many FREE campus resources
- Learn how to get involved on campus
- Check-in will open 30 minutes prior to the start time
- Orientation Begins – General Information
- MYHC, Blackboard, and Student Email Workshop
- Advising & Registration
- Campus Tour & ID Cards
Preparing for NSO
Before attending NSO students will need to make sure they have completed the New Student Checklist and make sure no existing holds are on his/her account. It is strongly advised students activate MyHC before attending NSO—it serves as the student portal. MyHC is how you accept financial aid, register for classes, and view holds, view transcripts, and so much more.
Items to consider before attending NSO include:
- Bacterial Meningitis – does that apply to you?
- Housing Application Process – Students must submit shot records of bacterial meningitis, pay the refunded deposit and be approved. A letter confirming housing on the Big Spring campus will be given if approved.
- TSI – Are you exempt? Have you taken the TSI Test?
- MyHC – have you logged in already?
- Financial Aid – have you submitted all necessary documents?
These are just a few of the items that need to be reviewed before registering for courses. For more information about each aspect, please refer to the New Student Checklist.