Welcome Future Hawk Parents!

We’ve outlined information specific to the parent experience so that you can help your student in the admission process. Let’s get started!

Apply Texas is an online application used by all Texas colleges and universities. Every student wishing to attend college in the State of Texas begins their journey by completing the ApplyTexas application. 

During the online application process, the applicant must designate which college they are applying for by entering the Howard College “School Code” which is 003574.
NOTE: All Howard College campuses will appear the same in ApplyTexas. The School Code appears as “Howard County Junior College District (Big Spring)” – This applies to all campuses. 

Once the application has been submitted, Howard College admissions officials are able to pull the student’s application from the ApplyTexas system. Note: The application may take a couple of days to be available to the Howard College staff.

After Howard College admissions is able to retrieve the application, they will begin processing the student’s file. This process may take up to 2 weeks but often is less. 

Once processed, Howard College will mail out an official admissions letter of acceptance to the mailing address entered during the ApplyTexas application process. 

After the letter has been received, the student should begin completing the steps indicated in the letter which will include the New Student Checklist which can also be found at https://howardcollege.edu/futurehawk

Throughout the Admissions Process, the student will be required to provide certain documents. 

  • TSI Test scores
    • Can be requested by completing the TSI Request form found here.
    • If the TSI was proctored by Howard College, advise them to let the Registrar’s office know. 
  • Proof of the Meningitis Vaccination
  • An official copy of transcripts
    • All transcripts must be received in the original sealed envelope.
    • Transcripts should be sent directly to Howard College at 1001 Birdwell Lane, Big Spring, TX 79720 
    • Dual credit students can request their transcripts by visiting our Transcript Request page.  

Once the student completes the online application at ApplyTexas, they can begin the process of applying for scholarships and financial aid. 

  • Scholarships
    • We have many scholarships available. Anyone interested in applying for scholarships should visit the scholarships web page
    • To apply for any of the scholarships listed, applicants should follow the instruction on the scholarship page
    • Be aware: The majority of scholarships have an application deadline of April 1st for the following Fall Semester. 
      • However, please submit your scholarship application even if the deadline has passed so that you can be considered for scholarships if additional funds become available. 
  • Financial Aid
    • Financial aid can be state or federal loans or grants of various types. 
    • All financial aid begins with the first step of completing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
      • The FAFSA application is not managed by any college or university, it is a federal government service provided by the Office of the US Department of Education.
      • Prior to beginning the FAFSA, the student (and parent) need to create a FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID). Completing this step first will make the FAFSA application process easier.
      • Advise the student to keep their FSA ID password in a very secure location and make sure it is something they have easy access to. It will be used throughout the application process and will also be used in future loan applications. 
    • Once the FSA ID has been created, proceed to the FAFSA Application
      • Contact the financial aid office on your respective campus if you have questions or need further assistance. Big Spring office (432) 264-5116  |  San Angelo (325) 481-8355

Information about Howard College tuition and fees can be found in our Online Catalog. This information can change on occasion so please refer to the current year catalog. 

Important payment deadlines can also be found on our Academic Calendar.

Visit our Jump Start Rate page to learn more about saving money on summer classes after graduation.

Student housing is only available on our Big Spring campus. 

  • The application packet and deposit should be submitted as soon as possible after receiving the acceptance letter.
  • Proof of the Meningitis vaccination will be required when submitting the application. Note – The vaccination will need to have been administered at least 10 days prior to the application. 

For details regarding student housing and to obtain the application packet, please visit the Student Housing page