Semester Start Information
Here are some of the most frequent questions and answers that relate to ALL Howard College campuses. For more specific updates that relate to only one campus, please visit the campus page. If you can not find the answer to your question please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will classes be in person or online?
Please review your campus page for details as each campus may be handling this a little differently.
Are students and staff required to wear masks on campus?
Howard College will follow the Governor’s Order concerning face coverings. Therefore, because social distancing cannot be totally achieved due to changing dynamics in classrooms, campus meetings and other public spaces, masks are required. Due to unexpected encounters, individuals should wear masks in restrooms, break rooms, elevators, hallways and on stairwells. When working alone in an office or isolated space, behind a face shield or outside when distanced, face coverings will not be required. Non-medical grade face coverings are made available in buildings across all campuses.
More information can be found in the course syllabi regarding mask requirements in class.
What if my computer or internet are not working and I need to attend a virtual or online class?
What is the college doing to help keep everyone safe?
Here are a few universal actions we are taking. Specific information can be found on the campus pages and in each class syllabus.
- Faculty, staff, and students are being asked to practice social distancing and frequent hand washing.
- We will have temperature screening kiosks across each campus.
- Students, faculty, and staff are required to wear masks when social distancing is not possible. More details are included in the syllabus for each class.
- Dorms have been double sanitized to be prepared for student move-in.
- Specialized air filters have been purchased for each campus.
- Sanitation stations are installed throughout each campus.
- CDC approved cleaning solutions are being used to sanitize across all campuses. High frequency touch areas are sanitized throughout the day.
- All faculty and staff are screened prior to coming to work each day on all campuses.
Are student services available in person for students?
All student support services, such as the library, tutoring center, advising, etc will be available in a multitude of formats, including virtual, online and face to face.