Transfer Student Orientation
Students that are new, or need a refresher course on how to utilize MyHC, Blackboard, and email are strongly encouraged to attend TSO. During orientation, students have the chance to:
- Tour the campus, find your classrooms and important information
- Meet their new Hawk family including staff, faculty, and other new students
- Experience the many FREE campus resources
- Learn how to get involved on campus
- Check-in will open 30 minutes prior to the start time
- Orientation Begins – General Information
- MYHC, Blackboard, and Student Email Workshop
- Rules & Regulations
- Campus Tour & ID Cards
Preparing for TSO
Before attending TSO students will need to make sure they have completed the New Student Checklist and make sure no existing holds are on his/her account. It is strongly advised that students are registered for classes prior to attending TSO. If you are not registered for classes, please contact an Academic Advisor to do so.
Items to consider before attending TSO include:
- MyHC – have you logged in already?
- Financial Aid – have you submitted all necessary documents?
- Email – Are you able to log in and use your HC email?
These are just a few of the items that need to be reviewed before registering for courses. For more information about each aspect, please refer to the New Student Checklist