Freshmen Applicants
The Howard County Junior College District maintains an “open door” policy that admits applicants who have earned a high school diploma or general education development (GED) certificate and others under certain conditions. College entrance tests and high school rank are not criteria for acceptance.
  • Complete a Method of Registration, including residency information
  • Submit high school transcript, GED certificate, if applicable; and all college transcripts
  • Determine your TSI (Texas Success Initiative) status and schedule an assessment if required.
  • Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination – Senate Bill 1107 requires all students under 30 years of age entering a public, private or independent institution of higher education in Texas as of January 2012 and thereafter to provide documentation that they have had a meningococcal vaccine or “booster” dose within the past five years and at least 10 days prior to the first day of class.

Each undergraduate student entering Howard College, unless exempt or under exceptional circumstances, will be required to test for reading, writing, and math skills before enrolling in college-level courses.  Check the Howard College catalog or a Howard College Admissions office for a list of exemptions.

  • Apply through ApplyTexas
  • Registration through Campus Connect 
    • Student MyHC Portal / Campus Connect
    • You must agree to Usage Waiver Online (*If you do not agree, please see an advisor to register)
    • Input Student ID & Pin Number
    • Under Registration, click ADD/DROP Classes
    • Select Term Code
    • For Online Classes, click Online Courses
    • For Other Classes, click on BS-Course prefix (example: BS-ENGL)
  • Registration on Campus 
    • See an advisor for completion of Schedule Card
    • MUST return Schedule Card to Registrar’s Office for OFFICIAL Registration
    • See Financial Aid if needed
    • Please note payment dates on bottom of Billing Statement or Important Dates 
  • Registration by Howard College Application

Have questions about admissions or the admissions processes? Contact your registrar’s office below. Need an official Howard College transcript? Arrange for official transcripts to be sent from your high school (as well as any colleges that you may have received credit from). Simply contact the school(s) and request for official transcripts to be mailed to:

Big Spring Area
 San Angelo
Howard College 
1001 Birdwell Lane
Big Spring, TX 79720

1 (432) 264-5072
1 (432) 264-5604 fax

Registrar’s Office
Howard College 
3501 N. US Hwy 67
San Angelo, TX 76905

1 (325) 481-8300