International Honor Society of the Two-Year College
Alpha Tau Theta Chapter
To recognize and encourage academic achievement in two year college students. To provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service, and fellowship programming.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is the largest honor society in American higher education with more than 1.5 million members. Once you join, you are a lifetime member.
- It is an honor to be invited to join Phi Theta Kappa.
- Scholarships are available at Howard College and at many universities internationally.
- Letters of recommendation may be obtained from the PTK organization to use for scholarships and job opportunities.
San Angelo Chapter
- Invitations to join are sent during the fall and spring semesters.
- An induction ceremony into Phi Theta Kappa is held during the fall and spring semesters.
- Community Service Projects have included Keep San Angelo Beautiful, Project Graduation, Feed a Body - Feed a Mind, and Shoes for Orphan Souls.
PTK Eligibility Requirements
- Earned 12 hours at Howard College
- Have a 3.25 GPA at Howard College
- Be at least a half-time student
- Not taking college preparatory classes during the semester of the induction
- Lanna Hubbard
Psychology Instructor / Licensed Professional Counselor
(325) 481-8300 ext. 3307
- Erin Whitford
(325) 481-8300 ext. 3266
- Suzi Welch
Assistant Professor Biology
(325) 481-8300 ext. 3402