International Honor Society of the Two-Year College
Alpha Tau Theta Chapter
To recognize and encourage academic achievement in two year college students. To provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service, and fellowship programming.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is the largest honor society in American higher education with more than 1.5 million members. Once you join, you are a lifetime member.
- It is an honor to be invited to join Phi Theta Kappa.
- Scholarships are available at Howard College and at many universities internationally.
- Letters of recommendation may be obtained from the PTK organization to use for scholarships and job opportunities.
San Angelo Chapter
- Meetings are held once per month.
- Invitations to join are sent during the spring semester.
- The induction into Phi Theta Kappa is held in April or May in conjunction with the Howard College Awards Convocation.
- Fundraisers are conducted to raise money for the Howard College scholarship fund.
- Community Service Projects have included Keep San Angelo Beautiful, Project Graduation, Feed a Body - Feed a Mind, and Shoes for Orphan Souls.
PTK Eligibility Requirements
- Earned 12 hours at Howard College
- Have a 3.25 GPA at Howard College
- Be at least a half-time student
- Not taking college preparatory classes during the semester of the induction
- Lanna Hubbard
Psychology Instructor / Licensed Professional Counselor
(325) 481-8300 ext. 3307
- Scarlet Rodriguez
College Prep Math Instructor / Achievement Coach
(325) 481-8300 ext. 3406