Howard College is in compliance with the Open Records Act. Outside parties who wish to make a formal request for public information shall send in a written request including details of information requested and format for distribution. All written requests for public information should be sent to:
|By standard mail:
Director of Effectiveness & Information
1001 Birdwell Lane
Big Spring, Texas 79720
Director of Effectiveness & Information
All requests will be reviewed and a determination will be made as to whether or not the information requested is public in nature. If the information is determined to be public in nature, the requesting party will be charged according to established policy and will not exceed the legal amount established by H.B. 6 (Article 6252-17a, Vernon’s Revised Civil Statutes of Texas). The requesting party will be notified of charges for approval prior to processing the request.
If the information is determined to not be public in nature, the requesting party will be notified and the information will not be released.
The guidelines established in Open Records Act will be followed at all times.
Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
2010 to 2014 QEP Resources (Archival)
- Important Dates: Critical Thinking
- QEP Information
- Annual Report (Aug 2010)
- 5-Year Impact Report
- Critical Thinking Plan (MS Word DOCX)
- Critical Thinking Team Results (MS Word DOCX)
- Critical Thinking Team Rubric Form (MS Word DOCX)
- Critical Thinking Rubric - Detail (MS Word DOCX)
What is the Howard College QEP?
Quality Enhancement Plan or QEP is a plan to improve student learning throughout Howard College. QEP at Howard College is Critical thinking... for Learning, for Earning, for Life!
Definition of Critical Thinking:
Thinking with purpose, skill, and confidence.
Definition of Student Learning:
Students demonstrate knowledge, skills, behaviors, and/or values attributable to the collegiate experience.
Howard College students will demonstrate critical thinking skills.
Critical Thinking Student Learning Outcomes:
Howard College students will demonstrate critical thinking skills by:
- Asking vital questions
- Collecting and measuring relevant information
- Arriving at well-reasoned conclusions
- Considering alternative systems of thought
- Communicating effectively with others
SACS Core Requirement 2.12:SACS Core Requirement 2.12 The institution has developed an acceptable Quality Enhancement Plan and demonstrates that the plan is part of an ongoing planning and evaluation process. SACS Handbook further defines QEP as "an opportunity and an impetus for the institution to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue or issues the institution considers important to improving student learning."
- HC Institutional Effectiveness Plan
- HC Planning Structure
- Support Services Program Outcomes
- General Studies Program Outcomes
- Workforce Education Program Outcomes
- SSBTN Report (Student Success by the Numbers)
- IE Plan Update
- 2014 Student Focus Group Report
- 2014 Success Summit
- 2014 Demographic Report
- Howard College Institutional Resume
- Graduate Survey Results: 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010
- Fall Course Evaluation Results: 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009
- Student Satisfaction Survey: 2013 - 2011
- CCSSE Key Findings: 2014 - 2012 - 2010
- CCSSE Small School Comparison: 2014
- 2014-2015 Enrollment: Fall - Spring - Summer
- 2013-2014 Enrollment: Fall - Spring - Summer
- Enrollment / Demographics: 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010
- Workforce/CE: 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010
- Financial Snapshot: 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010
- Student Success: 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010
- TACC Legislative Priorities: 2013
- Local Legislative Priorities: 2011
- Equity in Athletics: 2014 - 2012 - 2010 - 2009 - 2008
We Want to Hear From You
Comments or questions? Any ideas on how to make this page more useful to you? We want to hear from you! Please click the link below to send us your ideas and we can work toward a better solution.